ALL ABOUT CRYSTALS
WELCOME TO CRYSTAL DEVA
Your one-stop shop for the largest selection of Inspirational gifts & treasures for all.
Our products and services include:
- Oracle Cards
- Holistic Treatments
- and much more
Here s some very interesting and useful information about crystals & gemstones and their uses.
Crystal SpiritsAre you seeking to deepen your self-awareness through the use of crystal energy?
Join us on a journey with Magical Gifts from the Earth...
The word DEVA means "shining one" in Sanskrit, in this blog we aim to explore, uncover and connect with the specific healing potential or healing spark of different elements of the Mineral Kingdom.
Learn to let the inherent energy of each individual crystal, gemstone or mineral bring harmony and alignment to different areas of your spiritual, physical, mental and emotional Life.
Working With Quartz Crystals
- Quartz is one of the most commonly occurring minerals in the world, and is made up of the elements Silicon and Oxygen.
- It is found in all major rock groups and sand.
- Quartz Crystals however, need very specific conditions of heat, moisture and gas to grow deep in the Earth's crust.
- These crystals, although apparently inert and dormant, possess an unusual property known as PIEZOELECTRICITY.
- This means that if mechanical pressure is applied to a crystal it will convert it into electricity, and if electricity is applied to it , it will convert it into mechanical motion.
- This property makes quartz an intricate part of many electrical processes and today man made quartz is used widely in the electronic industry, especially computer micro chips and quartz watches.
- We, as human being are able to access the energy inherent in natural quartz crystals by being aware of and having them around.
- Crystals can help us to increase our awareness of how our bodies function on an energetic level, and they can help us to raise our consciousness by becoming more aware of the life giving force available to us through them.
- When we do this we will be able to restore balance to our bodies.
Selecting a Crystal
Always use your intuition when working with crystals. This is especially important when selecting them. Choose the colour, shape and texture to which you are naturally attracted. You may feel very strongly for a raw, uncut, earthy piece or you might prefer a polished, clear, sparkling look. The type of crystal that you choose will depend upon your specific needs. Your intuitive, higher self will know which one is right for you. Spend time looking at and touching different types of crystals and you will eventually "feel" the one which is right for you.
On acquiring a crystal you should dedicate it to the use of good. A way to do this is to hold it in front of you and, asking Mother-Father God to empower you, declare that your crystal will only be used for good, and will not harm Animal (human), Plant or Mineral Kingdoms. Finnish by declaring that this "programming" will never be removed.
Once your crystal has been dedicated, you can cleanse it. There are many different ways to do this. Most cleansing methods make use of one of the four elements i.e. air, water, earth or fire. Follow your intuition as to which method and element is the best for you and your crystal. The reason why you need to cleanse your crystal is because up until the time you acquired it, the crystal might have absorbed negative energy that it came into contact with. You need to eradicate this negative energy.
If you live at the coast you may want to collect sea water and soak the crystal for a couple of hours or even days. Your intuition will guide you as to the length of time needed. You could also take your crystal to the sea and hold it in the water. Beware that it doesn't escape as crystals love the sea. Water cleansing can also be done in a running stream. Tap water and coarse salt can be used but is not ideal because of added chemicals. Using coarse salt and purified tap water would be an advisable solution.
Native Americans, Africans and Indians have used smudging as a means of cleansing for centuries. Pass your crystal through the smoke of burning incense.
Your crystal could also be passed through a flame thereby being cleansed by fire. Caution should be exercised when working with the element of fire.
You could also use the element of earth by burying the crystal in the ground, laying it in fresh flower petals or covering it with natural potpourri.
By placing a crystal in the wind, you allow it to be cleansed by the element of air.
Another method of cleansing is to concentrate positive energy from the area of the third eye or heart chakra. Surround the crystal with this light and banish all negativity.
Place your crystal upon an amethyst cluster for a couple of hours. Amethyst does not need cleansing as it does not store negative energy.
CHAKRA BALANCING WITH GEMSTONES
- The word CHAKRA is Sanskrit for wheel.
- The chakras are rotating wheels of energy radiating from the body.
- Life force or vital energy is absorbed into and released from the physical body via the chakras
- There are seven major chakras situated along the spine.
- Base Chakra (RED) at the level of the coccyx.
- Sacral Chakra (ORANGE) just below the navel.
- Solar Plexus (YELLOW) below the breastbone, between the ribcage.
- Heart Chakra (GREEN) between the breasts in the centre of the chest.
- Throat Chakra (BLUE) in the hollow between the collar bones.
- Brow Chakra (INDIGO) at the third eye in between the eyebrows.
- Crown Chakra (VIOLET) at the top of the head.
The pressure of high-stress modern living can often cause our chakras to become unbalanced or blocked.
When this happens, the body is unable to absorb the life force it needs to function at its optimum, and will eventually show signs of strain in the form of illness and disease.
It is important to become aware of the existence of these energy centres and to clear blockages when they occur.
Each chakra contains all the colours of the spectrum but only one colour is dominant in each.
Gemstones that correspond to the dominant colour of each chakra can be used to assist in balancing and re-aligning the chakras.
DIRECTIONS FOR CHAKRA BALANCING WITH GEMSTONES
- Wearing loose clothing, lie in a comfortable place with the spine straight, feet slightly apart and arms alongside the body with palms facing up.
- Starting with the base chakra, position the appropriate coloured gemstones on the body so that their position corresponds to each of the chakras.
- The stone for the crown chakra can be placed above the head in contact with the skull.
- You might want to place a Rose Quartz on the heart area for added sense of love and security.
- Clear Quartz can be placed above the crown chakra to help progress upon the spiritual path.
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply for a while, allowing the whole body to become light and oxygenated.
- Visualize any toxins in the body being released with your exhalations.
- Move up the Chakra system until you reach the Crown.
- Be intuitive about the amount of time spent on each chakra - the ones that are out of balance may need more time.
- You may become aware of physical sensations that are caused by the energy of the gemstones interacting with the energy in your body.
- This is a good time for meditation and receiving guidance from your Higher Self.
- Once you are complete visualize yourself surrounded by Light, Love and Protection.
CRYSTAL HAVEN MEDITATION
- Select a fairly large quartz crystal and place it in front of you or hold it in your hands.
- Breathe gently but deeply. Traditional energy practice suggests that women imagine the breath rising from the Earth and men imagine the breath flowing down from above.
- Gaze into the crystal, breathing slowly and deeply...
- Then close your eyes gently and imagine the crystal expanding and becoming larger. Imagine it growing to expand gently around you so that you are sitting within the safety of the crystal.
- The light coming into the crystal illuminates your entire being and fills you with Peace and Love.
- Stay within the crystal, breathing in the light for as long as you wish and then allow the crystal to move away from you and return to its natural size.
- Keep your eyes closed and breathe for a while before returning to your regular routine.
BASIC HEALING PROPERTIES CHART FOR 38 COMMON GEMSTONES
- The Strength Stone, Courage and strength for both boy and mind.
- Facilitates perceptiveness and precision.
- Is grounding and energetic.
- Balances the yin-yang energies.
- Aligns and balances mental and etheric bodies.
- Calms nerves, aids creative expression and cutes through illusion.
- Brings joy, clarity and an understanding of universal love.
- The Peace Stone. Ideal for meditation and enhancing psychic abilities.
- A greatly calming influence, very protective and inspirational.
- Radiates divine love.
- Provides emotional and intellectual stability and clarity of mind.
- Aids self-expression, calms nerves, dispels intolerance and helps banish fears and phobias.
- Balance the yin-yang energies.
- Motivates and refines positive attitudes and feelings of independence.
- Relieves anxiety and fear.
- Cleanses the mind and soul.
- Awakens psychic abilities and initiates transformation.
- Enhances creativity, self-confidence and inspiration.
- A powerful healing stone renewal.
- Revitalizes and enhances both body and mind.
- Instills wisdom and sensitivity for inner guidance.
- Facilitates an awareness and understanding of nature.
- Aids in the remembering of astral travel experience.
- Alleviates fear, clears and balances.
- Aids concentration and memory.
- Stimulates inquisitiveness and dispels apathy.
- Enhances attunement with the inner self.
- Instills a sense of grace.
- Helps clarify personal problems and brings out hidden talents.
- Balance attitudes and actions.
- The abundance Stone. Joyous, warm and energizing.
- Raises self-esteem, stimulates mental focus and aids in the alignment with the higher self.
- Attracts and maintains abundance.
12. Clear Quartz
- The Energy Stone. Excellent for meditation.
- Amplifies energy and thought.
- Dispels negativity. Receives, stores, and transmits energy.
- Aids communication with every dimension.
- Balances and advances the mind and increases concentration.
- A stabilizing influence on all levels.
- A stone of discernment and higher understanding.
- A stone of love and compassion. It strengthens and purifies, balances the body’s energy field and enhances the imagination.
- The Stress Stone. Enhances mental capabilities and reduces stress. S
- Strengthens and energizes both physical and etheric bodies.
- Dispels negativity.
- Reduces stress and pain and encourages patience, discernment and refinement.
- Aids communication and expression.
- Balances the emotions and encourages wisdom.
- Aids in remembering and solving dreams.
- Peaceful, nurturing and stress relieving.
- Protective and grounding, a balancer on all levels.
- A sustaining stone working mainly on the physical body.
19. Lapis Lazuli
- Expands awareness and intellect an enhances psychic abilities.
- Helps overcome depression, aids creativeness and protects.
- Aids intuitiveness and transformation.
- Balances, clarify the emotions, clears subconscious blocks and reduces stress.
- Dissolves negativity and grounds the root chakra.
- Brings happiness and sunshine and shines light into the shadow self.
- Stimulates confidence and balances emotions.
- Encourages intuitiveness and perception.
- Enhances the feminine nature.
- Grounds, protects and shields against negativity.
- Aids in the understanding and clearing of subconscious blocks.
- Balances the yin-yang energies.
- Reduces stress and encourages self control.
- Encourages happiness, good fortune and higher inspiration.
- Encourages intuitiveness, inspiration and imagination. Aids in memory improvement and the release of inhibitions.
- Inspires happiness, strengthens and regenerates.
- Protects and purifies, reduces anger and jealousy.
- Protects against negativity on all levels.
- Encourages a positive outlook and greater understanding.
- Aids memory and intellect.
- Aids self-esteem and confidence.
- Reduces anxiety, balances and inspires greater understanding and discernment.
- Assists in maximizing one's potential.
29. Rose Quartz
- The Love Stone. Balances, heals and rejuvenates the emotions. Cools hot tempers, clears stored anger, guilt and jealousy. Encourages compassion and harmony.
30. Rutilated Quartz
- Enhances insight and understanding of problems.
- Assists in communication with higher self and guides.
- Wards against negativity and interference.
31. Smokey Quartz
- Dispels negativity and releases emotional blocks.
- Balances grounds and protects.
- Enhances channeling powers.
32. Snowflake Obsidian
- Brings purity and balance on all levels.
- Encourages understanding and realignment of thought patterns.
- Rationalizes and aids clear thinking bringing clarity and truth.
- Enhances communication and creative expression.
- A very intense and highly attuned crystal.
- Helps one connect to their higher self and into higher frequencies.
- Also – Very pretty!
35. Tiger's Eye
- Brings cheerfulness and optimism.
- Enhances clarity of thought, balances the yin-yang energies and helps soften stubbornness.
36. Black Tourmaline
- The Protection Stone.
- Wards off fear and negativity and protects on all levels.
- Enhances inspiration and encourages self-confidence and understanding.
- Brings peace of mind, wisdom and understanding.
- Enhances psychic abilities and communication.
- Protects and balances.
- Balances the emotional body and gives an awareness and understanding of subconscious blocks.
- Can facilitate the rebirthing process.